Daniel will be 5 months next week! It's crazy how much he is changing! He's so alert and curious about everything that is going on. A lot of times when I'm feeding him he'll turn his head away from me to look at whatever is going on around me...the TV, D.J. talking, or anything else that catches his attention. It's cute but but also hard to get him to focus on eating at times! He started cereal a week or two ago. It was funny at first because he acted like it was no big deal, almost like he had it before or something. He knew just what to do with the spoon and everything! Now he sometimes acts a little surprised with the first bite or two, but he does pretty well overall. His schedule is pretty predictable now, too, so that's good. He usually takes 3 naps a day and eats about 4 or 5 times. He's doing ok at night...usually eats one time...wakes up a couple other times lately, so we're working on that. Not sure what's going on with that. He started rolling over 2 days after he turned 4 months! He was so close one night and then the next morning when I went into get him out of his crib he was on his belly. Now he rolls both ways...back to tummy and tummy to back. He likes sleeping on his side or his tummy now, too. I always lay him on his back and then he ends up turning over. So now he's all over his crib! Sometimes he's completely sideways! His 4th tooth is almost in!! He has the two bottom, which he got at the beginning of March, and then last Friday the top side one came in (not a front tooth, but a side one, like a fang!). Then a couple of days later the other one on the top started coming in, you can kind of see it, but it's not completely through. He still spits up a lot!!! I always warn anybody who holds him to be prepared for spit up! At his 4 month check up he was 18 lbs 3 oz...which when I had weighed him at home I had about 19 1/2 lbs, but, I guess I wasn't too accurate. He's in the 92%ile for weight (down from 99%ile) and 99%ile in height still (28 3/4 inches)! He's still a big guy! He is such a happy baby and smiles and laughs a lot! He loves social interactions! Oh, and he started the blowing bubbles thing with his mouth! He doesn't do it too often, but it's pretty funny when he does.
Here are some pictures from the past month!
 |
| Hanging out with some of my cousins |
 |
| Sleeping sideways in his crib, he's a little too long for this! |
 |
| I-L-L-I-N-I |
 |
| Sleeps like this a lot! So cute with his little butt sticking up! |
 |
| First bite of cereal! 4/5 |
 |
| His Hawaiian outfit from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Anne. BBQ-ing with Grandpa David and Grandma Brenda. |
 |
| Big blue eyes! 3/28 |
 |
| Baby Dedication at church - 3/28 |
 |
| My 2 bottom teeth! |
 |
| Hanging out with Dad after a bike race |
|
|
|
|
he is so sweet! Emory didn't get ANY teeth til she was almost ONE!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear that he is doing so well- you will have such a fun summer with him:O)
Thanks Elise! Hope you're doing well! You'll have a fun summer with 3! :-)
ReplyDelete